(Cox7 advertiser) Prescott is known as Arizona's Christmas City. There is so much to see and do during the holiday season. Don't miss the traditional Christmas Parade on December 3rd from 1 P.M. to 3 P.M. You can catch the Courthouse Lighting Ceremony on the evening of the third at 6 P.M., which brings out thousands of people from all over the state. It includes a children's choir and a reading of the Christmas story.
On the December 9th at 5:30 P.M., check out the Acker Night Music Festival featuring musical acts of all sorts from rock to choirs. Admission is free. Donations go to support music education. Enchanted Christmas will keep you in the holiday mood from November 25to do December 30th. And the Whiskey Row Boot Drop will top off 2016 and send you into a joyous and happy 2017.
Be sure your Prescott holiday season includes these great fun events:
- Enchanted Christmas – November 25th to December 30th
- Boot Drop – December 10th to December 31st a 6’ illuminated Cowboy Boot that drops from above historic Whiskey Row at 10 P.M. and midnight. Live music, warm beverages and other activities and attractions are available from 6 P.M. until midnight
- Courthouse Lighting Ceremony – Saturday, December 3rd, Children’s choir and reading of Christmas Story (Traditional Christmas Parade earlier that day 1 P.M. to 3 P.M.)
- Frontier Christmas Open House – Featuring Children’s Activities, costumed re-enactors regale guests with tales of Pioneer Christmas traditions and AZ History
- Acker Music Showcase – Friday, December 9th 5:30 P.M. to 8:30 P.M., over 100 local shops and businesses host musical groups of all genres
For more events in Prescott, please visit-prescott.com.