(Cox7 advertiser) JR Cardenas heads to Prescott to see what's going on this holiday season in "Arizona's Christmas City". Prescott has a Traditional Christmas Parade, a Courthouse Lighting Ceremony, and a Frontier Christmas Open House. Take in the Acker Music Festival and the Enchanted Christmas light display. On New Year's Eve, visit downtown for the Boot Drop. Tour the town's wonderful museums. Experience the iconic atmosphere of Far From Folsom and stop by Thumb Butte Distillery for cocktails and custom gifts. Choose between two excellent hotels that offer just the right amounts of rest and relaxation between events, SpringHillSuites and Residence Inn. Load up, come up, and enjoy a family-friendly winter wonderland in Prescott.
Be sure to check out these great events on your holiday calendar:
- Enchanted Christmas – November 25th to December 30th
- Boot Drop – December 10th to December 31st a 6’ illuminated Cowboy Boot that drops from above historic Whiskey Row at 10 P.M. and midnight. Live music, warm beverages and other activities and attractions are available from 6 P.M. until midnight
- Courthouse Lighting Ceremony – Saturday, December 3rd, Children’s choir and reading of Christmas Story (Traditional Christmas Parade earlier that day 1 P.M. to 3 P.M.)
- Frontier Christmas Open House – Featuring Children’s Activities, costumed re-enactors regale guests with tales of Pioneer Christmas traditions and AZ History
- Acker Music Showcase – Friday, December 9th 5:30 P.M. to 8:30 P.M., over 100 local shops and businesses host musical groups of all genres
For more events in Prescott, please visit-prescott.com.